Trip to Highlands


Have you ever go to a place? A great place that once bring joy, excitement, happiness and adventure to your colorful life?

When we were on our sophomore year we received the news that some students of our school will have a trip to Highlands Iba, Zambales. This trip prioritizes the senior students because this will be their retreat but luckily we got the chance to join.

When we heard it we were so excited but our teacher clearly said that its not yet sure if our section will have the privilege to attend with the said youth camp.

At first my mother doesn’t allow me to join with the camp, but I didn’t stop insisting my desire. It took two before she said yes.

The day before our trip I but all my needs because it will take three days and two nights. After that I fix all my clothes. When the night comes I couldn’t wait to come for tomorrow.

When the day comes, we enjoy the company by each of us. Especially when we were on our way, nonstop of talk and laugh. When we were on our way we suddenly stop, all I think was it’s just a stopover but almost an hour we doesn’t arrive yet. For all we know we have a technical problem so we waited for four hours before we continue our journey. We were so bored that time, all the things we can we already did it and yet our boredom didn’t stop.

Finally when we reach our destination, we were so excited. We guided by some staffers on where we should go. One of them oriented us, she gave us our id and instructed on what we shall do. She stressed the importance of our id.

When the day two comes, it’s very exciting because the games and activities are waiting for us. We were divided into four teams it depends upon with our id on which team we will belong. We have Team Jazz, Barricade, Bumble Bee, and Blackout and I belong to Team Jazz.

Before the game starts we all gathered in the auditorium to know on what we do. There were four stations and each team shall last for one hour for each station. We were ready to start the game; we started on the station four, here we need to form a pyramid through drums in the middle of the lake. Our next station was very thrilling because we need to pass in the wall almost six to seven feet in height its not like that but we need to run while carrying as many balls as we can for almost fifty to seventy meters to reach the slide full of mud. When I tried it its fun and very exciting, when I cross the wall, I cannot help myself to push up. All I think was I will fall down and thank God it didn’t happen. After what happened, my arm is aching but I didn’t mind it instead I hurriedly go downstairs and carry a ball and go to the slide. When me and my classmates already done sliding in the mud we took pictures as a remembrance. Suddenly there’s a truck who releases water in the big hose and many students were playing as if it was raining and we were one of them. On our next station it needed strength and cooperation. On our last it also needed strength and cooperation.

When the night comes, we all gathered on the auditorium for our session and after that we will have our bonfire. It’s been a long and tiring day yet it brings joy and fun. Especially with the most awaited announcement with the winning team. Luckily, we are not the weakest team.

On our last day we seize everything around us, we took pictures and play like a child as if there’s no tomorrow. Before our departure, for the last time we gathered again in the auditorium and this was so unexpected. Many teachers and students cried because of the surprise brought by the speakers. Teachers and students were touched by each other because this is the time they got the chance to say sorry and thank by one another.

Every time I remember this I always got a glimpse of yesterday. This is very unforgettable during my high school life.

Singapore Highlands Philippines

Post a Comment

  © MWKA Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP